Wednesday, April 6, 2011

So Frustrating.

This town sucks...This part of the country sucks...

I normally don't really hate things or show much dislike for them, haha- I lie, but South Florida is one of the most UN-inspiring, unrelenting parts of the country. The people here suck, the weather generally sucks, and everything is so cookie-cutter it’s disgusting.

The people here frustrate me the most. Everyone always has somewhere to be and they will get there by any means possible as fast as they can. They think that they are better then the next guy and that everyone else should cater to their needs. You have these people that drive their Mercedes Benz's, BMW's and Bentley's that are obnoxiously big and take up 2 parking spots. No one uses a directional. Cars cut you off if there is enough room to fit a car in between you and the car in front of you and then because everyone is using cell phones and not paying attention, you see people cut over 4 lanes of traffic to get in the turn lane to go to the mall. AHHH! So frustrating.

I don't know what it is about the people here but because they were given everything growing up they think they can take anything that is available to them. It's nauseating.

The weather is generally nice here. Maybe I was spoiled by the amazing partly cloudy, 85-90 degree yearlong weather of Hawaii, but I swear it feels like I'm breathing a cup of water every time I take a breath. It is deathly hot most days and very dangerous to ride your bike for an extended period of time. #sadface.

Every house looks like the next. It looks like someone took a 'house'-cutter and just filled it with some cement, glass, tile and some random pastel-y color of pink. Vio-la! You now have a typical house in Boca Raton that you are not allowed alter due to some ridiculous homeowner association political bullshit. I really enjoy architecture, whether it is contemporary or ancient, but there is something about South Florida that just DOESN'T do it for me. Not only is it hard on the eyes, it is also very uninspiring.

A good comparison to this town is the T.V. show ‘Weeds’, the neighborhoods they live in are spot on of how it is here. I just can’t comprehend how people can live in a place like that…I just don’t.

Every time I think about coming back to South Florida to visit my family and friends I get very excited. After spending a couple days here I then remember why I actually don't like this place. If I had no connection to the people or places in South Florida, I would never come here.

Am I being too harsh or does anyone else see these things too?

1 comment:

  1. Jacqueline FalconeApril 6, 2011 at 6:34 PM

    I felt this way until I moved to Miami. I love Miami..so much. There is a very inspiring community here. Can't wait to show you.

    ReplyDelete